Souvlaki Chicken with Creamy Lemon Orzo & Shaved Spring Vegetable Salad
Temps & Portions
40 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
1 lemon0Lemons 1EA$1.39 • Chq
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Air Chilled 2 Pieces ~0.6KG$12.35 • Chq
2 Tbsp. Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$3.99 • Chq
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves0Club House Tin Ground Oregano 32G$5.39 • Chq
1 clove garlic, chopped0Garlic (3PK)$3.19 • Chq
1 1/2 cups milk0Natrel Fine Filtered 3.25% Milk 1L$2.59 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
1 cup uncooked orzo0ItalPasta Orzo 900G$2.51 • Chq
4 cups shaved* assorted raw vegetables, (asparagus, carrots, radish and cucumber)0Carrots 3LB$2.69 • Paq
- Grate 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) lemon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons (30 mL) juice from lemon. Combine chicken, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Becel® Oil, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice, oregano and garlic in medium bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper; thread onto skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water, milk and Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix in medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add orzo; return to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently and adding additional water in 1/4 cup (60 mL) increments if necessary, until orzo is tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, combine shaved vegetables, remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice in medium bowl; season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, stir lemon peel into orzo. Serve chicken over orzo with shaved vegetable salad. Serve, if desired, with lemon wedges.
- *Shave vegetables by placing them on cutting board and peeling strips with a vegetable peeler.
- TIP: If orzo is too thick, add additional milk or water to desired consistency.
Each serving of this chicken dish is low in fat and provides 2 servings of veggies!
See nutrition information for sodium content.