Spicy Chicken & Vegetables
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce0VH Soya Sauce Light 450ML$2.91 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) grated fresh ginger (optional)0Ginger Root 1EA$0.57 • Chq
1/4 tsp. (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes0Pacific Soup Red Pepper & Tomato Creamy Light in Sodium 946ML$4.94 • Chq
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$3.99 • Chq
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts0Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Air Chilled 2 Pieces ~0.6KG$12.07 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Thai Sweet Chili Noodles Side Dish0Knorr Sidekicks Pasta Thai Sweet Chili Noodles 147G$1.83 • Chq
6 ounces snow peas, halved, (about 500 mL)0Snow Peas 200G$3.23 • Chq
1 can (227 mL) sliced water chestnuts, drained0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.94 • Chq
- Pound chicken to 6mm thick. Cut into 2.5cm pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and Becel® Oil in medium bowl, then toss with chicken.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost done, about 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Sidekicks® Thai Sweet Chili Noodles Side Dish according to package directions in large saucepan, stirring in snow peas, chicken and water chestnuts during the last 3 minutes of cook time. Continue cooking until pasta is tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Tip: To add a little zest, serve with lime wedges.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and a good source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.