Sweet and Spicy Marcangelo Kabobs Stir-Fry
Temps & Portions
35 min temps de préparation =
35 min cuisson
1 pkg (320g) Marcangelo Sweet Chili Chicken Kabobs 4851
1 cup chicken broth 4852
2 tbsp each hoisin and oyster sauce 4853
1 tbsp each soy sauce and lime juice 4854
1 tsp sesame oil 4855
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes 4856
2 tbsp cornstarch 4857
1 tbsp vegetable oil 4858
1 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (3-4 cups)
3 tbsp your favourite Sweet Chili sauce, or the Marcangelo Sweet Chili sauce included in the package of Kabobs 4860
8 oz sugar snap peas, threaded (2 ½ cups) 4861
1 1/2 cups julienned sweet red pepper 4862
1/3 cup salted cashews 4863
2 green onions, chopped 4864
- Remove Marcangelo chicken from skewers. Combine in bowl with Sweet Chili sauce, stirring well until fully coated. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together broth, hoisin, oyster and soy sauces, lime juice, sesame oil and hot pepper flakes. Whisk in cornstarch.
- Heat half of oil in wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink inside, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok or skillet. Add asparagus, sugar snap peas and red pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour in broth mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender crisp. Return chicken to wok. Stir fry just until chicken is well coated with sauce.
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl. Garnish with cashews and green onions and serve immediately.
Marcangelo Fast PassUse 1½ cups of your favourite Asian stir-fry sauce instead of making your own.
• If your sauce has cornstarch mixed into it, always re-whisk the sauce just before adding it to your vegetables since some of the cornstarch will inevitably sink to the bottom of the bowl.
• The key to a stir-fry is organization. Because the cooking is so quick, it’s best to have all of your meat and vegetables fully prepped before you start to cook.
• Instead of stir-frying the meat, grill the skewers for 8 to 10 minutes and then place decoratively on top of the stir-fried vegetables.
• The wonderful thing about stir-fries is that they’re so versatile. Feel free to substitute broccoli, green beans, bok choy or even Brussel sprouts for the vegetables called for above.
• Serve with steamed Basmati rice or rice noodles.