Tomato, Corn and Grilled Onion Salad with Feta Sausages
Temps & Portions
35 min temps de préparation =
35 min cuisson
1 tbsp cider vinegar 5774
1 tsp Dijon mustard 5775
1 clove garlic, minced 5776
Pinch each salt and pepper 5777
1/4 cup olive oil 5778
1 pkg (375g) Marcangelo Feta and Spinach Chicken Smoked Sausages 57790Marcangelo Sausages Chicken Feta & Spinach Gluten Free (4PK) 355G$7.90 • Chq
2 tbsp olive oil 5780
1 large red onion, cut into thick rounds 5781
1 large sweet onion, cut into thick rounds 5782
3 ears corn 5783
2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks 5784
1 cup baby spinach or arugula 5785
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. In a thin stream, gradually whisk in oil until mixture is emulsified.
- Peel back husks from corn without removing them. Remove silk and wrap husks around corn. Brush onions with oil. Grill corn and onions, turning occasionally, over medium-high heat, until kernels are soft throughout and bright yellow, and onions are softened with well-defined grill marks, 10 to 15 minutes. During the last few minutes, pull back the husks to brown the kernels.
- Grill Marcangelo sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove husks and cut away kernels from each cob. Cut onions into large chunks. Cut sausages into bite size pieces.
- In large serving bowl, toss together corn, onion, sausages, tomatoes and spinach. Pour vinaigrette over; toss gently until salad is well coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• The warmth of the grilled meat and vegetables slightly wilts the spinach, helping to meld it together with the rest of the salad.
• If only husked corn is available, soak the corn for 10 minutes in cold water and be sure to brush oil over it before you grill it.
• Use a flat spatula to turn the onions over so that they remain intact.