Temps & Portions
1 hour temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
50 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) Meatloaf mix (ground veal, beef, pork)0Lou's Beef Tips Quick N Easy 375G$7.69 • Chq
2 potatoes, grated0Potatoes Sweet 1EA$4.24 • Chq
2 carrots, grated0Carrots 3LB$2.69 • Paq
1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 cup water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.94 • Chq
Pastry for 23 cm. double crust pie0Pillsbury Pie Crust Easy Roll 400G$3.55 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). Cook meat and vegetables in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break meat into small pieces, until meat is cooked, about 5 minutes. Add Knorr® Lipton Recipe® Onion Soup Mix, allspice and water. Stir well to dissolve. Cook until liquid is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Cool mixture at least 1 hour.
- Line 9-inch (1 L), deep dish pie plate with 1 crust. Spoon cooled meat and vegetable mixture into crust. Top with second crust; seal edges and cut slits in pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- TIP: Glaze the crust by brushing lightly with a beaten egg before baking.
- TIP: Make into mini hand held pies for a party. Each serving of this dish is a source of fibre and a good source of iron and vitamin C.