Vietnamese Chicken & Rice
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
10 minutes cuisson
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) rice wine vinegar0Japan Foods Rice Vinegar Marukan 355ML$4.43 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) sugar0Compliments Sugar Mini Donuts 195G$2.99 • Chq
1 tsp. (5 mL) sambal chili sauce, divided0Compliments Chili Sauce 350ML$3.77 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) peeled, seedless cucumber, thinly sliced0Cucumbers Seedless 1EA$1.61 • Chq
4 radishes, thinly sliced0Radish Red 1EA$1.59 • Paq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish
2 Tbsp. PLUS 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped0Cilantro Coriander$2.69 • Paq
2 Tbsp. lime juice0Limes 1EA$1.07 • Chq
1 tsp. water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.94 • Chq
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded0Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Air Chilled 2 Pieces ~0.6KG$11.01 • Chq
- Combine vinegar, sugar and ½ teaspoon (2 mL) chili sauce in medium bowl. Add cucumber and radish slices; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, water, remaining ½ teaspoon (2 mL) and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cilantro in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Sidekicks™ Harvest Chicken Side Dish according to package directions. Stir in 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chopped cilantro; set aside and keep warm.
- To serve, arrange rice on serving platter and top with chicken, pickled radishes, cucumbers and cilantro sprigs. Serve, if desired, with additional lime wedges.
- For extra Asian flavour, stir in ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) ground ginger into rice while it is cooking.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and a source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.