Vietnamese Chicken & Rice
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
10 minutes cuisson
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) rice wine vinegar0Nakano Original Seasoned Rice Vinegar 250ML$3.75 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) sugar0Peas Sugar Snap 227G$5.37 • Chq
1 tsp. (5 mL) sambal chili sauce, divided0Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Chili Sauce 740ML$3.22 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) peeled, seedless cucumber, thinly sliced0Summer Fresh Yogurt Cucumber Dip Tzatziki 545G$6.27 • Chq
4 radishes, thinly sliced
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish
2 Tbsp. PLUS 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. water0Evian 15L$3.05 • Chq
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded0Marcangelo Foods Marcangelo Souvlaki Chicken Breast Kabobs (8PK) 480G$10.00 • Chq
- Combine vinegar, sugar and ½ teaspoon (2 mL) chili sauce in medium bowl. Add cucumber and radish slices; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, water, remaining ½ teaspoon (2 mL) and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cilantro in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Sidekicks™ Harvest Chicken Side Dish according to package directions. Stir in 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chopped cilantro; set aside and keep warm.
- To serve, arrange rice on serving platter and top with chicken, pickled radishes, cucumbers and cilantro sprigs. Serve, if desired, with additional lime wedges.
- For extra Asian flavour, stir in ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) ground ginger into rice while it is cooking.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and a source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.