Weeknight Pork Chops with Braised Apples, Cabbage & Leeks
Temps & Portions
35 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
1 Tbsp. Becel® Oil
4 bone-in center-cut pork chops, (about 3/4-in/2 cm thick)0Kirkland Pork Rib Chops ~ 2.8KG$17.04 • Chq
3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage, (about 1/2 of a small cabbage)
2 Gala apples , cored and sliced0Gala Apples ~ 6LB$10.16 • Chq
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar0Mother Earth Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ~ 1.9 L$9.03 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat and brown chops, turning once, 8 minutes. Remove chops from skillet; set aside.
- Stir cabbage, apples and vinegar into same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients in bowl to prepare Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix according to package directions using 1% low fat milk and reducing water to 1 cup (250 mL). Stir into skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Return chops with juices to skillet and simmer until chops are done, about 5 minutes.
- TIP: For wonderful flavor, try adding 1/2 tsp(2 mL) caraway seeds.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of fibre, calcium, and vitamin C.