Weeknight Spaghetti & Meatballs
Temps & Portions
40 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) extra lean ground beef0Ground Beef Extra Lean 700G$10.73 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$3.21 • Chq
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese0TreStelle Parmesan Cheese Grated 125G$6.99 • Chq
1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs0Leira Bread Crumbs 360G$2.77 • Chq
1 egg0Compliments Eggs Large White 12EA$3.01 • Chq
1 tsp. finely chopped garlic0Garlic (3PK)$3.19 • Chq
1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce0Primo Pasta Sauce Romano Cheese 680ML$1.61 • Chq
12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained0ItalPasta Spaghetti 900G$1.61 • Chq
- Combine ground beef, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef , Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg and garlic in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs.
- Bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until meatballs start to become firm, about 5 minutes. Turn meatballs gently, then simmer until done, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Serve over hot spaghetti and sprinkle, if desired, with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Serve with veggie-filled green salad.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat, a source of fibre, and an excellent source of iron.