Weeknight Spaghetti & Meatballs
Temps & Portions
40 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) extra lean ground beef0Tofurky Meatless Ground Beef Vegan 340G$6.52 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$4.42 • Chq
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese0Kraft Cheese Parmesan Shaved 141G$7.01 • Chq
1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs0Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs Japanese Style 227G$4.31 • Chq
1 egg0Compliments Eggs Large White 12EA$2.69 • Chq
1 tsp. finely chopped garlic0VH Sauce Honey Garlic 341ML$3.91 • Chq
1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce0Ragu Pasta Sauce Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion 630ML$2.69 • Chq
12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained0Italpasta Pasta Spaghetti Traditional 900G$3.55 • Chq
- Combine ground beef, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef , Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg and garlic in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs.
- Bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until meatballs start to become firm, about 5 minutes. Turn meatballs gently, then simmer until done, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Serve over hot spaghetti and sprinkle, if desired, with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Serve with veggie-filled green salad.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat, a source of fibre, and an excellent source of iron.