Weeknight Spaghetti & Meatballs
Temps & Portions
40 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) extra lean ground beef0Lean Ground Beef Tube 454G$5.00 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$3.97 • Chq
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese0Great Value Parmesan Shredded Cheese 280G$5.91 • Chq
1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style with Romano Cheese 680G$3.53 • Chq
1 egg0Mushrooms White 227G$2.13 • Chq
1 tsp. finely chopped garlic0Derlea Foods Garlic Puree Garlic Puree 125G$2.13 • Chq
1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce0Ragú OriginalOld World Style Pasta Sauce 640ML$1.91 • Chq
12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained0Lancia Spaghetti 900G$1.05 • Chq
- Combine ground beef, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef , Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg and garlic in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs.
- Bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until meatballs start to become firm, about 5 minutes. Turn meatballs gently, then simmer until done, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Serve over hot spaghetti and sprinkle, if desired, with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Serve with veggie-filled green salad.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat, a source of fibre, and an excellent source of iron.