White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
8 ounces (227 g) whole-wheat elbow macaroni or regular elbow macaroni0Compliments Elbow Macaroni Salad 454G$1.50 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese0Silani Cheddar Cheese Slices 100G$6.99 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded Swiss cheese0Compliments Swiss Sliced Cheese 140G$6.29 • Chq
1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat panko or regular panko0Panko Bread Crumbs 227G$2.99 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*0Becel Margarine Salt Free 907G$6.47 • Chq
2 cups (500 mL) 2% milk0Natrel Fine Filtered 3.25% Milk 1L$6.31 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Grease 8-in (2 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Toss cheeses together in medium bowl. Combine crumbs with 1/4 cup (60 mL) cheese mixture in another medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) to crumb mixture and toss. Add milk to saucepan with remaining spread and whisk in Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened.
- Return cooked pasta to pasta pot. Stir remaining cheese and if desired, a pinch of nutmeg into Sauce; pour over pasta and toss to mix. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- TIP: Add a handful of cooked broccoli florets to pasta mixture just before baking for added nutrition, color and texture. * Becel Gold in Quebec
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and an excellent source of calcium and fibre.